Saturday, May 04, 2013

#1368: It's May, and my 2nd post of 2013

As the title aptly says, it's May and only my 2nd post of 2013.
I know this is not foreign to anyone who knows me but I have the worst time management, ever.
When I get busy, I can disregard food and everything else altogether.

Yes, unfortunately, I have slimmed down quite a bit and garnered many disapproving comments. Geez. 

In my defense, I have always wanted to find time to document everything that has happened in my wonderful life but those moments were captured mostly on social media, such as my FB account, Instagram (I'm very active on it) and Twitter (using it less frequently nowadays).

I want to blog about my birthday in March but let's leave it for the next post (which is god knows when, haha).

Simply, let's just back track to April.

April was a verrrrry busy month.(someone once said, "you say this every month, which month is not busy for you, you tell me?")
I can have 7-day-work-week FOR TWO WEEKS and boy, one can imagine the toll on me!
I know I'm a workaholic, I know that. But I just choose to believe to do everything the very best to my ability!
Photo: I worked for 14 days straight but in these two weeks, I visited Krabi (Thailand), attended iProperty's People Choice Awards, attended AKB48 press conference & visited the inaugural Tokyo Auto Salon Singapore 2013, and lastly visited Iskandar (Malaysia) all in the name of work. Am I worn out? You bet I am but the job satisfaction & the exposure given overrides the lethargy. I'm gonna rot in bed the whole day tmr. Zzz.
I worked for 14 days straight but in these two weeks, I visited Krabi (Thailand), attended iProperty's People Choice Awards, attended AKB48 press conference & visited the inaugural Tokyo Auto Salon Singapore 2013, and lastly visited Iskandar (Malaysia) all in the name of work. Am I worn out? You bet I am but the job satisfaction & the exposure given overrides the lethargy. I'm gonna rot in bed the whole day tmr. Zzz.
Hmmm, that means to say that I should blog about work too. 
People still don't know what I do exactly, haha! 

So, please allow me to digress a little while I give a short introduction to what I do. 

Firstly, I didn't search for this job. It came to me. 
One fine day, I received a call from a recruitment agent whom I've never contacted before and I simply went down for an interview - first with the agent, then whisked to meet with the Admin head who is my colleague now. 
After the meeting with the Admin head, I was asked to go down for a second interview to meet the Director of the company.......at Singapore Polo Club the very next day.
What an ATAS place right. 

So next day came and the interview was........I don't know how to put it but it made me feel like I'm gonna sign up for a crash course for whatever the corporate world has in store for me. 
My boss is a very capable man and at his age, he's had some pretty notable achievements. 
If I tell you to google his name, you'll be surprised by what you read. 
But anyway, I still want to keep him anonymous so back to the interview! 

I got confirmed on the spot and Boss drove me to the office to collect my BB and I was due to start work the following day - 9th January 2013.
"Yes, we work very fast here" was what my boss told me when I got stunned by the high level of efficiency.
I think, in a way, he has shaped me to match his "fastness" y'know?

5 months into the job, I must say I've had a really steep learning curve. 
There ARE stressful moments but with it comes the perks too. 
As mentioned, I got to enjoy some of the opportunities that my peers don't, such as overseas work trips, getting to interview celebrities, be an online journalist, meet high net worth clients, attend media launches and conferences and everything else that is fun! 
Of course, everything comes at a price and when I say this, I meant the mind, body and soul that are worn out in the process of having "fun". 

My rationale is, I'm young, I just started out so I work hard.
That's what all fresh graduates do, and should do. 

Okay the sleeping bug is biting. 
Till next time~
Here's the corporate Huimin signing off, at Raffles Place Park!